Security analyst and penetration tester. Security tool programmer.
- Perl - My go-to language for text processing, one-liner commands, rapid
prototyping. Slowly replacing most command-line use with awk instead.
- Python - My most likely choice for larger or more permanent projects. I love
the depth of the standard library, especially for basic network protocols.
- Lua - For developing the Nmap Scripting Engine.
I’ve had the pleasure of working with this fun, lightweight language as well
as with its C API.
- C/C++ - The language I learned on, used mostly in Nmap development. I know
enough C++ to be dangerous, which is all anyone can say.
- Ruby - I’m beginning to learn Ruby as I start contributing to the Metasploit